Monday, September 14

Worth A Listen 9/14

It seems that I have not been stumbling across much in the popular new music frontier lately and after Kanye's belligerent outburst at the VMA's last night left me annoyed for ever liking hip-hop I have decided to swing back to indie/folk for a bit. For those of you unfamiliar with Sufjan Stevens please take a listen to him!

I first heard Sufjan back in '05 while obsessively watching The O.C. at my friend's place in Frederiksen Court in Ames. Let us not forget what a fabulous show The O.C. was, but more importantly let us not forget the mixes created for the show.

These mixes introduced me to:
The Dandy Warhols
The 88
Alexi Murdoch
Eels
Jem
Of Montreal

And also featured:
Death Cab for Cutie
The Killers
Keane
Imogen Heap
Beck

I digress. Back to Sufjan. Give him a listen and love him like I do :) Here is my fave, For The Widows In Paradise, For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti. I just love the lines: If there's anything to say, if there's anything to do // If there's any other way, I'll do anything for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment