The damage done by my first round on the links, thankfully today brought somewhat better luck!
As N, JW, LW & I hit the course we were doubting the choice to drive to the south side. The wind was high, there was no cooler, only a brown paper bag and N & I were less than confident in our skills, but onward we went. After locating the first tee box and watching LW drive one 3/4 of the way to the hole things were looking up. I took my first toss and not surprisingly it was terrible, I encouraged N to heave-ho and before I knew it I was hit. Yes, my faithful friend and roommate managed to nail me right in the gut on her first toss of the day, it was downright hilarious. Before I knew it I was on the ground laughing, N was on the ground laughing and LW might have made it there too, it really was a priceless moment, my absolute favorite kind of laughter.
The rest of the front 9 went fairly smoothly and I have determined that frisbee golf is not my forte. I am continually amazed at the sheer lack of athletic ability my body has, but one day I will find a sport that I can classify myself at "average" at, don't you worry!
In the end I am glad to be feeling so much better and was excited enjoy part of this beautiful day outside with friends that can bring me to my knees laughing then wrap it all up with a fabulous piece of homemade cheesecake from N. Maybe next time my "cheap date" will pick up the tab at CiCi's Pizza. Ha ha j/k JW :)
No comments:
Post a Comment