Sunday, July 12

I'm Bringin' Fanny Back ... The Fanny Pack That Is


So I spent another weekend back in the LC celebrating the upcoming Winter+Smith nuptials. This weekend was another shower and the bachelorette party for Ashley. Fun times had by all. We probably had the best time at the Rush Inn (run by the local Russian lady ... get it ... Rush Inn? Crafty huh?) with its panty clad antlers on the wall (which one of my friends donated to) and karaoke night in full swing. I made sure to chair dance with some fellow bridesmaids to Mony Mony (we sure can "ride the pony") and earn Ash some cash by pimping out her "suck for a buck" bouquet to some local cowboys. However the obvious highlight of the weekend was my purse choice.

While crafting the bouquet pre-bach party I was complaining to E and Norene about my lack of purse choices for the event. Norene dug around and got me out this crocheted satchel that yes matched my outfit but was hardly to up to my standard of usual handbags. E and I debated on the satchel and she swung me by stating, "...it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one." Just as we were about ready to head out Norene joked about switching to a fanny pack. BRILLIANT, this woman is a genius I tell you! Mom hardly thought I would take her up on her offer, but I did. I brought fanny back that night in full force. Here are some reasons I feel like the "pack" needs to make a comeback.

Hands/Shoulder Free Operation - I didn't have to worry about setting my purse down once that night, because it was conveniently attached to my waist

Compartments Galore - The array of compartment sizes really made separating all of the purse worthy goodies easy

Dance Friendly - Because the pack can be swung to the back I was able to get my dance on and not worry about clubbing anyone with my bag, and if you know me, you know I cut a mean rug

Those are only a few reasons why I think the "pack" must come back. The best part of sporting the "pack" in Hickville, USA is that no one found it out of the ordinary, I fit right in. You know what else fits in, in the LC? Plastic balls hanging from your pickup hitch (see example below), I saw those at the grocery store and thought I had to get my hands on some for the Grand Am. AWESOME! Who's in for a visit to the LC now!?

2 comments:

  1. two things

    1 - love the fanny (pack). and i actually was just wanting to buy one at Active Endeavors over the weekend. it is gussy'd up a bit and they call it a 'lumbar pack' but who's kidding who here? well done you!

    2 - bumpernuts. we'll have to discuss on wednesday, but caboose and i, since we hail from a rural iowa location as well, have had the misfortune of seeing these things and HATE them. so glad you included a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE THOSE TRUCK TESTICLES!

    I want to just save time and key the word "Dumbass" or "Homo in Denial" on their tailgate.

    ReplyDelete