Sunday, June 28

What A Weekend ...

This past weekend was full of so many things where do I begin ... the beginning sounds good!

1) Bridal Shower for Ash
This was the main reason for heading back to the LC for a few days. My BF from home is tying the knot in August and I as well as 3 other lovely ladies hosted a shower for her. It went really well and it was so much fun getting to spend some time with my best friends from childhood. It's crazy to see that 2 of the 4 of us will now be sister-in-laws ... needless to say I felt pretty emotional inside. I think the best part of the whole deal was Ashley's mom giving me and the other girls some small photo albums that held pictures of each of us with Ashley as kids, I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time, here's a sample of what was inside! (click image for larger view)

Please note you will get a fabulous sampling of me in a very short gel'd hair cut, my "skater" phase (studded belt and all), an 8th grade shot that makes me look quite androgynous, prom and some random hallway shots, try to laugh quietly friends.



2) Western Days
The LC also had our annual home town celebration this weekend. Friday night I hit the beer garden and street dance with the ladies after the shower and we had a blast. It was a hick-fest for sure but I got to see lots of people I hadn't seen in a long time and got hit on by a few cowboys, so for me that = success! Saturday there was the parade and vendors in the square, I picked up a couple bottles of wine and can still remember the flag routine and drum cadences that I played in marching band over 6 years ago. Awesome.

3) Loss...
Unfortunately while I was home a very dear friend of my boss passed away while giving birth to her son Liam. He is currently a little over 2lbs. and in the hospital. It's moments like these that bring you back down to Earth and remind you how lucky you can be. Keep Mary's family in your thoughts and prayers as they get through this incredibly tough time.

4) Family!
Got to spend tons of QT with the fam, I hadn't seen my sister in months so it was great spending time with her and the rest of the crew. The Grandparents Toyne are holding strong, Gramps seems to be feeling much better after the scare a few weeks back.

5) Norene Bauman is a SAINT! ... and Jim too ....
My parents never cease to amaze me. They kick ass and I am so lucky to have them. While I was home NB did all my laundry that I hauled back with me (about 7 or so loads), bought me a killer tank top while shopping in the Dirty Dodge, bought me some wine from a vendor in the square, made me chocolate chip cookies to bring back with me, gave me 6lbs of hamburger and some steaks from the freezer and made some killer roast beef for lunch today.

I'm sure JH & RW are killer moms as well, I hear about it all the time, but I think mine wins hands down, maybe we need to create some sort of head-to-head contest in which all of our mom's can compete ... hmmm....

Anyway, I will not forget about JB as well. My Pops got the oil changed in my car, filled my tank up with gas and made a rack of ribs that could probably put Woody's to shame, Thanks Pops!

Overall fabulous weekend home. Will I ever move back? NO. But the LC sure is a good place to visit. Next year the Penguins of Mass Destruction will have to trek over westward to dominate the mud volleyball tournament!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Independent shirt, sk8r!

    RW would win any 'awesome mom' contest. No doubt. $20 on mia madre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that shirt, the back had a huge Independent symbol on it, wish I still had it.

    As for RW bring it, I'll bet my life savings on NB.

    ReplyDelete