Ok, so I recently stumbled across this. This kid Joe was in a class of mine during my last semester at ISU where we completed motion graphics projects i.e. the stuff that scrolls across the bottom of your screen telling you what's up next. Last year we competed in a contest for the CW to create a promo for one of their shows and the winner got an internship with the CW, that winner was Joe (I'll have you know my piss poor work got an honorable mention as well).
Anyway Joe just graduated and below is a link to his site, watch his reel. I think it is an amazing teaser for the kid, it really made me jealous and put my silly paper portfolio to shame. I am really glad ISU is producing this kind of talent from the Graphic Design program. My super cool TA Troy also informed me that ISU is introducing a BFA in digital media program ... only 6 years too late. UGH. Joe is the guy at the very end in the blue shirt walking out of the scene, just in case you were wondering.
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jo3k/
No comments:
Post a Comment