So last night I pulled the classic lost phone routine for the third time.
The first time I lost my phone, I set it atop my car at the ISU parking lot and drove away, this phone was kindly returned by a boy almost before I got back to my desk at work.
The second time I "lost" my phone I was living in Minneapolis and I called my mom to inform her that the phone was misplaced so if she needed to talk to me she would have to call another number. Apparently this upset her because when I made my bed and located the "lost" phone 15 minutes later and attempted to call my mom to tell her I indeed did not lose the phone she had already disconnected my line and cut me from the family plan claiming "maybe this will make you a little more responsible" *click*. Yep, that stung a little.
So last night marked the 3rd time of phone loss. Somewhere in between walking out the bar door and getting into a cab my phone jumped from my purse, along with my sunglasses. I didn't realize the phone was lost until we were already on the interstate so we had to head back to begin the search for my 2 week old phone. Thankfully, my friend M let me back into the closed drinking establishments and we scoured every inch of the places I had been that night, no luck. When I awoke this morning I called my phone about 9 times hoping someone would answer and then promptly gave up and reconnected my old phone. Fast forward 5 hours >> While at work today the phone rang and my mom of all people informed me that my phone had been found and that the guy who found it was going to drop it off at work for me. You cannot understand the joy I felt when he showed up with my completely unharmed phone and handed it to me with a smile.
Moral of the story: People can bash IA and DSM all they want but the truth of the matter is that this place is full of wonderful people, this guy could have kept my phone, sold it, used it, purchased a bunch of ringtones or other stuff but instead he called about 5 people in my contact list stopping only when he tried my mom and she answered. I am so thankful for good people, it gives me hope for our society which seems filled with far too many selfish and greedy people. The little things really do count, don't forget that.
No comments:
Post a Comment