Friday, July 1

Western Days '11

It had been so long since I had made the trek home for the LC's annual festival Western Days, and I made sure to make it up last weekend. Due to some scheduling issues at work I was able to nab last weekend and G and Willy packed up with me and we hit the road Friday after work. This was Willy's first time spending any more than 15 minutes in the car so I was a bit anxious to see how he would do. Other than a little bit of whining because he couldn't be in physical contact with either G or I at all times he did fine. G made some no-bake cookies that were fab to munch on and we were home within 90 minutes or so. We rolled in to LC unleashed the pup and all his fury on my parents, ate some burgers, took a family Jeep ride and headed up to the beer garden. This is where I felt old and a little white trash, but that's ok. We had a couple beers and walked back home to crash.

I intended on sleeping at least until 7:30 but Wills had other plans and lets say G and I had him on a walk by about 6:30 on Saturday. I had made sure to get G and I signed up for the 2 mile Fun Run so that went down shortly after our walk and G was a champ and stuck with me for the race even letting me beat him. Our time was just shy of 18 minutes, so while we didn't win (the winner did the course in 9:48, I mean seriously it's a Fun Run who does that?!) I did manage to run just under 9 minute miles, didn't think that was possible! After such an athletic morning it only made sense to go to the pancake breakfast and eat far too much. G headed back the the house while my mom and I raided the local gift shop and I scored an amazing grapevine wreath, some flowers and this great burlap style ribbon all a 35% off! That was pretty much the best part of the weekend. The afternoon was spent at the parade (with a barking pup that needed to return to his kennel), enjoying steak sandwiches (which my mom almost forgot to pay for), and mini doughnuts. We helped my parents clean all of the screens for their windows and install them while Willy got tied to the flagpole (which he didn't seem to mind). Grilled steaks and another walk had me pooped so we didn't make the rodeo Saturday night.

On Sunday Willy again was up by 5:30 or so another walk was in order. Norene went to town on a big breakfast and my sister came home so we could all go to the community church service together. Of course I put us behind and we ended up sitting in the front row, my dad's favorite spot haha. We had lunch with my gram and aunt and uncle and packed up to head back to WDM after stopping at my grams to pick out a new paint color for her kitchen. Apparently this is when Willy decided he had a big weekend, and was laying down napping by the time we hit Glidden. No, that didn't last long but he did lay down almost the entire way back and was napping shortly after we got back to WDM.

So it was a jam packed weekend full of fun in the LC. I don't remember the last time I got to spend 2 nights at my parents house so that was wonderful and I was happy that G could see and share in some of my favorite activities from home.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the fun run! Glad you had such a fun weekend at home

    ReplyDelete