1) The Yard
I must say I love G's house. This Spring we teamed up to tackle his high maintenance yard for over 4 weeks (at least that's what it felt like). Granted, G did a lot more than I did but when I could help I did. We've still got some projects to go but so far we've:
- Weeded and laid almost 100 bags of mulch
- Dug up 3 bushes in a raised bed and replaced it with hostas! (Much to G's disdain)
- Dug up some random paver stones leading from the deck to the yard and planted grass (G did all of this)
- Attacked the weed garden and removed the bamboo "stuff" to be replaced with lattice work. Laid new edging & landscaping fabric, 15 bags of pea gravel and re-purposed the paver stones to make a rock garden. (photos to come upon full completion) Large pots for annual flowers and herbs to come next year.
- Transplanted raspberry bushes and strawberry plants, began a weak garden of tomatoes, cucumbers (now all dead) and peppers. Next year I am hoping for 3 8 ft raised beds to be filled to the brim with veggies and fruits!
Phew, that was a lot of hard work and several broken trowels. G and I also found that we tend to get a little testy with eachother at Menards, which has led to some humorous visits :) I think I really like yardwork, it's so satisfying to see progress and enjoy G's amazing yard!
2) The Willy
I love my man Willy! He's a handful but I wouldn't want him any other way. The last month has been full of long walks wandering around the Clive/Urbandale/WDM/Waukee area with the pooch in tow. We begin obedience classes tomorrow night and I think this might help our ADD dog with self-control ... I hope.
3) Volleyball
The Irish Setters are off to a rocky start but I still enjoy seeing my good friends once a week for a little competition.
4) Socializing
Dinners with friends, BBQ's, boating, trips to Clarion and the LC & spending time with G's godson Powell seem to fill up my free time. I'm always amazed at how quickly a day off goes and wish I could have more of them!
5) Work
It's been a tough Spring in this department. Lots of changes within the company and lots of hours and 10 hour days have me ready for some vacation. Let's just say God is building my patience right now and I am trying to stay positive!
6) Vacation Planning
G had a good friend getting married on the North Shore so we are planning a little vacation time in the area. I can't spill any of the details yet but it is going to be a great time spent with great friends!
Writing all of this down is a simple reminder of the blessings that I have been so generously given. My hardest days never include wondering where my next meal will come from, fear for my personal safety or anything that's really too difficult at all. 2011 had been so wonderful to me and God has provided more than I ever anticipated. Life is
sounds like lots of fun. can't wait to meet willy!
ReplyDelete