I wrapped up The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on Tuesday and I can't remember the last time I plowed through over 300 pages in two days, this book simply can't be put down! I will agree with most when I say the first 80 pages were a beast to get through but from then on out I was in love, I can't wait to get the other two books in the series and sorry Owen Meany, you just didn't grab my attention quite enough :)
I also slammed through Heaven Is For Real while on the plane to Jersey a few weeks back. I had read about it on a friend's blog and then was talking to another about it and was planning on getting a copy when G surprised me with one before I left. If you have doubts on heaven this is a great read as a 4 year-old recounts his near death experience and trip to heaven. Sure it was simple but it gave me both comfort and a desire to get there myself!
The girl with the dragon tattoo- amazing read, could not put it down after page 86...love it, cannot believe someone could have dreamt up all of those characters, story lines, everything!!
ReplyDeleteThe girl who kicked the hornet's next- very good- loved it, still intrigued, easier to get through that you know the author's style of writing and what is in store for you.
The girl who kicked the hornet's nest - another hard one to get into...lots of people give up on this one. I refused to give up since it was the last in the trio. is that what they are called? no, it's trilogy. right? okay, anyway, dont get your hopes up for the third.
i have just started "Super Freakonomics"....have you heard of it? I've heard great things!
Glad you read "heaven is for real" - just a perfect, short, easy read - and uplifting and inspiring at the same time!!
Can't wait to read "Heaven Is For Real" - that will keep me entertained for a couple hours of my flight anyway :)
ReplyDeleteI love the whole series! My only complaint about Steig Larsson's characters, they all have names that start with B! Most of them anyway. Since they are crazy names to begin with, my simple mind found this challenging.
ReplyDelete