Friday, April 8

Jersey Shore

Spent the part of the last week in Jersey and as any trip away does I came home feeling super appreciative and thankful for Iowa. Here's just a few examples of why people must refer to this joint as "The Dirty Jerz".
- Driving. Toll roads and no left hand turns are enough to make me never want to live there.
- Starbucks Staff. One reason I love these work trips is because I drink at the Buck guilt free because my company will pick up the tab. However I immediately missed my Starbucks staff as the one I delt with at this mall was unfriendly and less than social.
- The Mall. Ew. Granted JC is pretty beautiful but this place was downright dirty. As was the creepshow Easter Bunny that continually creeped on me while putting together the store windows.
- The hotel. No smoking rooms that were clearly smoked in. I know this takes place anywhere but it was not what I wanted to come home to after a long day of flying and working.

Overall my trip wasn't a good time. I am still recovering from a cold and sinus infection and my flights left me feeling sick and exhausted. I love Iowa and trips like this remind me how wonderful this place really is!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like both of us were on business trips this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. telling you WDM is the land of milk and honey.

    ReplyDelete