Tuesday, April 12

Is This What Normal Feels Like?!

I felt like a normal human this weekend, I had Friday through Sunday off and enjoyed about every second of it. Friday I was a bum. I was feeling pretty crummy when I got home Thursday night at 10:30 and decided Friday was a couch kind of day. I made dinner for G and we didn't do much of anything. Saturday I decided that since G and I both love muffins that we should head over to My Favorite Muffin on 50th and grab a couple, that was all good until we got there and what do you know they were closed for renovations. So we switched up our game-plan and grabbed some Nutella and I made bacon, eggs and Nutella croissants instead. After stuffing my body full of breakfast (ok it was brunch by this point) a walk was in order. What a blessing this weather has been! G and I wandered all over the neighborhoods between 92nd and 142nd and found ourselves on a fantastic hour long tour of homes and let me tell you there are some amazing ones out there. When we got back I read on the deck and ignored G as he told me I was getting a little pink and managed to get my first sun-burn of the year. Add church, pulled pork sandwiches, and Up ... or was it Radio to the mix and you get an absolutely amazing Saturday.

Sunday we headed to the LC and celebrated my sister's big 3-0. While there she managed to sign the following "Leslie" ... "Greg"... "married". I about died. Thanks sis. G took it in stride as I laughed and my mom said that she never beats around the bush, as demonstrated when she tossed my birthday present back in it's bag unimpressed earlier in the day :) My dad also had us help out with a little yard work then insisted that only G join him on his trip to dump off some of the yard waste and I still have yet to find out what exactly they discussed haha. G and I hit up the Dairy Mart in Glidden on the way back and I got myself a lemon-vanilla twist cone and we finished up the day reading and working.

I didn't want the weekend to end. It felt so great and I loved getting to spend some much needed quality time with G and my fam. I was reminded how jealous I am of those who get a normal 9-5 work week but I made sure to drink in my long weekend. Looking forward to the next!

...

For those of you wondering who Mr. G is I should probably introduce him! We met about 4 months ago and I have to admit he was the best Christmas present I got. Here we are at S's birthday celebration.

2 comments:

  1. glad you had a great weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for a normal weekend for you....good for you!!! looking forward to your next normal weekend post...um, in july. : )

    ReplyDelete