Thursday, March 31

3.0

After gagging at G's house on Monday, a few painfully congested days and suffering through 1 hour too many of a sinus headache I made my way to the doc today. I never usually mind the doctor because I always want to feel better but like most, stepping on the scale is never a highlight of the visit. Today was no exception. I saw that since my college graduation I've packed on a not so modest 7 pounds. Now, some of you may shake your head, and I agree I look fine, but if I continue that trend by the time I'm 40 I'll have put on 40 pounds and that's not ok. I left the office fussy and wanting to feel better so I headed to Panchero's (wise decision, like I really needed 3 lbs of rice and beans to this mess). I sat down on my couch and decided today was beautiful and that I needed to enjoy some fresh air. So I did it, I registered for Dam 2 Dam, the Drake Relay on the Roads 8k and laced up my shoes. I found a nice 3 mile loop and pushed through my burrito belly finishing in just under 30 minutes. My chest is on fire and my panties are lodged so far up my ass that I may not be able to ever retrieve them but it is a start and was much easier than my 2 mile treadmill experience at the Y. So though I will not be breaking any land/speed records I will hopefully be feeling better ... but I still hate running :)

2 comments: