Tuesday, February 1

Frozen: Week 4

Fail. Yup I'll start with that. I had a fail. NOT an epic fail but fail nonetheless. Last week I dined at the mall several times and I bought not 1 but 2 tops at the store. I've rallied back and forth wondering why I even try to change this part of my life, it's like my relationship with the gym, excited about it for awhile then slowly it falls apart. But I've decided that long-term success does not come without a few stumbles and falls. I think we all can admit that if I would have made it 8 weeks without buying an article of clothing that the Apocalypse would soon follow, but I did make it 2 days shy of a month so I can call that progress. I also had the encouragement from Nic to purchase one of the tops as she thought I looked great in it, and when Nic speaks up about a top like that you have to jump ... okay that was me making an excuse :) Either way I'm owning up to my mis-step and have cleared my mind for another few weeks of shop-free mentality. From there it will hopefully grow into more weeks. I think I will always be a shopper, that I cannot deny but moderation is key and I am happily making progress in that direction.

1 comment:

  1. you're doing a good job with the freeze. honestly, i'm not a budget person, but need and would like to set one. maybe you could give that a try and build in some room for shopping, chick-fil-a, and buying your neighbors a sweet gift. soon enough, you can build into your budget money for iowa football season tickets and we'll convert you. :-)

    ReplyDelete