Tuesday, January 11

Top 5 (6)

I know it's a little late but I wanted to post up my Top 5 ... Ok 6 songs from 2010. These are in no particular order, it's hard enough choosing 5 (6) let alone ranking them.

Broken Bells || The High Road
I'm a Shins fan most days of the week and I love Danger Mouse's work so it was only appropriate that these two would blow my mind with their album. The High Road pretty much blew my mind and quickly moved into some of my top played on the iTunes. And by that I mean all time top played tunes, it is on it's way to passing Sexy Back if that tells you anything.
Favorite line: "The high road is hard to find"


DJ Khaled || All I Do Is Win
Guilty Pleasure rap for sure. I mean Luda+Rick Ross+T-Pain+Snoop can you go wrong? This song reminds me of riding to sand volleyball with Nic and BC'10 boat dancing. Always brings a smile to my face and usually a text to N with some trashy lyrics.
Favorite Line: "Bitch I want my money back" (classy I know)


Hoodie Allen || You Are Not a Robot
I don't even remember how I stumbled across this gem. I think it was somewhere between Chiddy Bang and The Hood Internet but man am I glad I did because I LOVE this song! It was a great summer jam for the Grand Am.
Favorite Line: "Better to be hated than love, love, loved for what you're not."


Sleigh Bells || Rill Rill
Nic got me hooked on this group. It's just good background music. When you are cleaning, cooking, chatting, driving, whatever.
Favorite Line: "So this is it then? You're here to win friend"


The Black Keys || Next Girl
Saw the best concert of my life thus far this summer thanks to these boys. Their album Brothers was fab, and Tighten Up was a sweet track but Next Girl is by far the best quickly followed by Howlin' For You.
Favorite Line: "I made mistakes back then, I'll never do it again"


Cee-Lo Green || No One's Gonna Love You
Cee-Lo killed it this year. I absolutely love this remake of the Band of Horses jam. I can't lie I was pretty pissed when he didn't jump. Typical guy.
Favorite Line: "No one's gonna love you more than I do"


So there it is. My Top 5 (6) of 2010. Now lets get some 2011 jams on the board eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment