Tuesday, November 16

Hip.ster

I often wish I could own being a hipster. I can't acknowledge that I fully immerse myself in the attitudes and look of one although this last year has definitely pushed me more in that direction. Yes I prefer to drink at places like The Lift, go to concerts of bands that will probably be popular in 2 years and wear combinations of clothes that really don't go together. I like boys with beards, that wear cardigans and scarves and have arms full of tattoos. My RayBans are some of my favorite things ever and I'm even considering getting my glasses as a pair and sometimes I just want to have a super short haircut that is black with a stripe of blonde in it, my nose ring back and a lip ring too. I want more tattoos and in my dreams I am a mash-up maker extraordinaire with a screen print and letterpress shop in my garage . But no, I cannot commit and I mainstream. I wear fake eyelashes and spend too much money on my clothes and hair and makeup want a new X-Terra. I love a man in a good suit and dream about our house in the 'burbs with my kids in all Gap clothes. It's a big fat tug-of-war. Then I see a commercial like this and wish I was a hipster, because this is amazing and hysterical at the same time. From the dudes sharing the pod, to the micro-brews, to the attempt at loading some vinyl in to the cd player, this is perfect. Not to mention the part where the guy is critical of another hipster. Thank you Honda. Thank you.

1 comment: