Thank God for that right? This last week was a rough one, and I am glad it is over. Death is so .... final. I think that's why it's so hard to grasp and such a struggle. I think about heading to my Gram's place, because now it's just that, my Gram's place and my Gramps won't be in his chair and the thought of that alone brings me to tears. But I will be positive in this and I will be joyful for the time I was able to spend with such an amazing man and remember that we get to start over every 24 hours. We get the option to set the tone for the day, every day.
My Gramps death has given me lots of time to think about my life and what I want out of it. No, I want nothing spectacular but I do want to remember that my time here is indeed limited, no matter if it be 30 years or 90 years, and I need to be the best version of me possible. Today, I made a point to wake up with a good attitude on a rainy day and go to yoga with JW, I took extra effort to chat with the Starbucks lady while I waited for my drink and verbally offered up my dry cart at Target to a woman with a wet one. Small steps yes, but a step in the direction I want to go. I want to do things for me and I want to be comfortable in my own skin but I think it's time to start focusing on what I can do to for the people around me and less about making myself happy, because when you are surrounded with people who love you for you everything else just falls into place.
You know these last few years aren't going at all how I planned it. I'm single, not working in the field I anticipated and most days feel as if I'm on a road to nowhere, but that's not the reality. The reality is I'm single! I have all the time in the world to work on me, and worry about no one else and I have an amazing roomie doing the same thing alongside me along with some very good friends as well. I'm not in the field I anticipated! I am not stuck behind a computer, I am in an environment of creativity and get to help people feel good about themselves every day. I am on a road to somewhere! Where is my destination? Well heaven of course but here on Earth I don't know, but I am ok with that. I am in this very place in my life for a reason and I am going to make the best of it, I challenge you to do the same. Find the good, share the love and reap the benefits. It will feel good, that I can promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment