
It only seems appropriate that LW get a shout out on this one! LW (on the right in the striped cardigan) plays guitar with a rotating group of people and they go by Cashes Rivers, then sometimes Matt plays alone and he is Cashes Rivers. I get confused, but either way LW never rotates out of the lineup and he's in this picture so I like to say that he and Matt are Cashes Rivers. Anyway, they've been playing local shows for a couple years and are getting pretty freaking popular. I also like to think that Nic and I are some of their superfans because we rarely miss a show and we were one of the first people to purchase "The Trees Will Clap For Us" and we are really good friends, and one day we will be pulled on stage to play the maracas right LW? We also expect that you drop your Grammy date and take us because lets face it you'd look way cooler with two girls instead of one. Whew that was a mouthful.
BUT the purpose of this post is to tell you all (yes, readers that are reading this and I don't know about you, and I know there are TONS of you haha) to head over to MUZORAMA and do your ears a favor by downloading one of Cashes Rivers' songs, "As I Drift" off their upcoming self-titled CD. This tune is definitely one of my faves and LW plays a lot on it which is sweet, listen for his jamming to begin at the 1:00 mark. Nic and I have listened to this song, and others develop a ton and it's been really fun to watch these guys get really good at what they do. I am also incredibly jealous of him because I'll probably never do anything half as cool as putting out a CD and touring with a band.
So click HERE to read about them and download the tune right now! I mean come on you can't get something cheaper than free! Well done LW, I'm proud of ya, and don't forget me when you are famous :)
hey hey!! it's my bro!
ReplyDeletevery cool to see them out on some music blogs. just wish i could follow them on tour. memphis bbq is calling my name.
sweetness! loved "as i drift" when we saw them at 80/35 and love it now.
ReplyDeletenot sure if anyone is a fan of the spaghetti western's of the 1960's with clint eastwood (the good, the bad, the ugly; a fistful of dollars; etc.), but i sure am. the trumpets (i think they are trumpets?) in the background of this song remind me of those movies.
excellent stuff and nice shout out, leslie.
shucks.... fanks, Les! J - dude, you are right on the mark with the spaghetti westerns, that was actually the words used by the producer dudes (Brandon and Micah of the EC) to describe what they wanted.
ReplyDelete