Thursday, August 12

New Pants Dance

Every year there is a magical event that happens and it is the Blond Genius $99 sale. For those of you unaware, I am a premium denim addict. I bought my first pair back in after sophomore year of college and haven't turned back. I will not include the prices of my purchases because I know some of you may pass out.

My current arsenal includes:

True Religion - Sammy
The original pair. Purchased post-breakup after my mother mentioned that wearing sweatpants wasn't going to get me a lot of dates. Sadly neither did these pants, but my ass does look phenomenal in them.
People's Liberation - Bella Bootcut

Purchased to replace the Hudson's beneath they soon began selling the brand at Charlotte Russe. Pissed, party of 1.
True Religion - Becky
My first pair from Blond Genius. Got them with my mom. I was gonna use the money for post-college bills but clearly needed these jeans and declared them my "husband finding pants". They haven't worked.
Diesel - Doozy
My first pair off the $99 rack. Thanks to a giftcard, a 15% off coupon and the sale I got these bad boys for 85% off and paid only $35 for them. They are super soft and my jeans that are pretty much dressy sweatpants.

And now we come to this year's steal. A pair of Rock and Republic's (a brand I usually have 0 luck with) which were on the $99 rack and I used my birthday coupon for another 15% off dropping them to $85, originally $240. BAM! That's a deal. They are a dark blue/gray wash and were so long that even with heels I needed a couple of inches taken off the bottom.

Rock & Republic - Kasandra
Newest member to the team!

Now I know some of you shake your head at spending lots of cash on denim but I will say that after almost 5 years with my first pair I still wear them and they fit like they did on day 1. I've gotten much smarter in my purchasing with them and once you start you can't stop! Plus it's my birthday, and I only get one pair a year so they are completely justified, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment