Dam to Dam - Ran my first 20k and finished without stopping, WOW! I can't lie this girl is pretty proud of herself. I picked up running last September and struggled with my first 5k so to hit a 20k only 10 months later is a pretty awesome achievement in my book. My bestie Ash stuck with me and I tell you what without her, there is no way I would have been able to push through the 12.2 miles. It was raining and it was long but 2 hours and 13 minutes later I crossed that finish line and let me tell you that Coors Light tasted pretty fab! Special shout outs to Jake and Nic for also running the 20k and Stacy for getting her run on at the 5k, also to LW for cheering us all on! Also thanks to the fab ladies that I shared a pre-race meal with the night before, I love me some bridesmaid reunion time!


New House - Nic and I are officially into the new crib. My parents gave us some sweet couches and we are settling into this place quite nicely, as soon as it's all good to go I'll post up some picts. Special shout out to my mom for making several trips and working her butt off to help us out!!!
New Job - Yup, this girl is leaving the B. Bro! I recently accepted a manager position at a new boutique opening at Jordan Creek called Francesca's Collections and I couldn't be more excited. I've been praying so much for guidance in my career and I am confident this my path. I guess at some point you really just need to "Let go and Let God". Check out our site to see what kind of fabulousness I will be surrounding myself in each day! Francesca's Collections
New Body - After Dam to Dam I decided to hit the gym hard with Stacy. We are doing a 4 week body bootcamp at the Waukee YMCA and I pretty much wake up at 4:30 everyday to go get my ass kicked from 5:15-6:45. I hope to get some strength and endurance built up to increase my running speed. Let's just leave it at BC'10 isn't gonna know what hit it!
New Shades - In celebration of my newness I got some new Tory Burch shades. I decided I should use up my last big discount at Sunglass Hut and picked up these beauties for half off!

I really can't describe all of the wonderful things that I have been blessed with lately. When one door closes another one really does open and I think the message I heard at Hope tonight really drove it home for me. Pastor Mike reminded us all that whenever we think something is impossible that we've made our God too small, because through Him ALL things are possible. We weren't put on this Earth to be comfortable in our lives we were put here to do His work and work it is. I guess in the end when I think about all of the suffering we go through we can take comfort in knowing our final destination is completely worth it and all we have to do is have a little faith.
---------------
Also, please take a few moments to devote some thoughts to those who lost their lives in my hometown this weekend. Through a tragic course of events the lives of 3 young people were taken from this Earth and although I don't understand the circumstances it has become easy to get upset over. In the end three young adults were taken from their families and that is a pain that I wish up on no one.
I'd like to second the shout-out to your fam - your mom was a huge help with both packing up and cleaning and unpacking. Loving the new furniture and I was thrilled to meet your dad and sis. I think this solidifies our relationship and takes it to a whole new level :)
ReplyDeleteYou should be proud about dam to dam. That was damn impressive. Good luck with the boot camp!
ReplyDeleteThings are looking up!
ReplyDelete