I headed home to the LC for "the weekend" which really ended up being more like a 24hr trip but here are some brief highlights.
Friday:
- Spent the night with Stacie her family cutting apart wedding invites and RSVP cards for the renewing of their vows in June. Stacie's mom whipped up some lasagna and it was a fun night just hanging out at home with friends. I will say that X-Acto-ing 350 invites and 150 RSVP cards was a killer!
Saturday:
- Got up early and went to a bridal shower for Stacie.
- Ate lunch with the parents.
- Took a nap.
- Got a driving lesson from my dad in their new Jeep. It's a manual and I have little experience running a clutch. I do fine going between gears but that whole starting from a stop sign stuff is still a little herky jerky!
- Watched my dad ride his rediculously hilarious motorized bike. He took it for a spin to Lanesboro and my mom and I followed a few minutes later. He made it there and back and I think it could be the highlight of the year. When I asked him if the bike was "RAGBRAI legal" he laughed and said it wasn't. It also isn't street legal, apparently there is nothing legal about it!
- Spent a little time with my g-parents. My gramps was pretty tired so we didn't stay long.
- Got the news that my boss quit at B. Bro. So 2 of my keyholders are leaving the week I head to Mexico. Hello Stressed Here! UGH hopefully I will be the next out of the door.
- Came back to WDM with the mom and hung out.
Sunday:
- Woke at 4:15 to get my mom up and ready
- Took my mom to the airport at 5am
- NAP!
- Church
- Yoga
- Groceries
- Nap 2
- Made dinner with Nic for S, J, LW & Bobby
So all in all it was a pretty busy weekend off! I can't wait until I get them all of and can have a lazy day here and there! I think the best news of the day is that in 2 weeks I will be on the sandy beaches of Cancun! Yippee!
And for those of you not fortunate enough to see this gem yet, here is my pops riding his crazy bike to my grandparents. We clocked him at about 30MPH. Love him!
Stay strong - everything will work itself out and when we return from our vacacione de Mexico, you will have a trabajo nuevo! (this spanglish message is brought to you by the positive thinking company)
ReplyDelete