Monday, April 26

And Guest

Ugh! I hate that phrase more and more each time I see it. One of my best friends is having a wedding reception this summer for her private spur of the moment wedding last summer and today I got the invite (which is kick ass because I designed it) and right there glaring at me as I snatch the envelope is that phrase behind my name "and Guest". Look, I know she's being sweet and in the off shoot chance I actually would meet someone in the next 2 weeks and decide to put them through hell by not only introducing him to my parents but also my friends at a wedding that I am in, I'll be glad I had the +1, but lets get serious, it's not gonna happen. So instead I look at this invite and remind myself that I have been single for 2 years and my last breakup occurred via text message at a wedding, awesome. I've pretty much accepted the crazy cat mentality but it sure would be nice to have someone to dance with and get silly with other than Dylan at all of these weddings I am going to be attending. Anyone wanna volunteer for my +1 .... Anyone? No? Damn, that's what I thought.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure Jefe (or Mani or Ricardo) will be glad to return to the States with us to be your date. They'd be a good time!
    Or...since you created the invitations...make one up to add an 's' to guest and Stacy and I'll come with you. We're a good time. Heck...bring the entire Team Hot Sundae.
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya sister! I forgot to tell you (but you may have already known) that she sent me an invite too (so sweet of her to invite me) and I, too, got the "and guest". Maybe we can bring back a couple cabana boys from Mexico?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les-
    "and these are our dates - they're beautiful but they don't speak english."
    Jefe-
    "...yes we do."
    Les-
    "shhhhhhhh"

    ReplyDelete