What a great weekend. I think I really took some time this weekend to think about Easter and it's implications. I was happy to spend time with my parents, aunt and uncle and especially my sister and having a Sunday off is always nice, but there definitely was something bigger on my heart this weekend. I went to the 7:30 service at Hope and it was phenomenal. I heard the best rendition of "How Great Thou Art" ever and was moved to tears when a group of people shared their story of coming to Christ through the song "Fix You".
Now I try to not get preachy so sorry if you are the type to shake your head at religion but I just can't wrap my head around someone being nailed to a cross. Can you even begin to think about how it would feel to have nails driven into your hands and feet? I can't. Then to hang for 6 hours? Now think of doing that for someone else. Would you do that for your parents? Your siblings? Your best friends? Pretty tough stuff to think about in my book. But to think that Jesus did that for everyone, LITERALLY every single person, is unfathomable.
Now I will be the first to acknowledge that I don't understand why there is pain and why there are starving children, and those dying from curable diseases, but I do understand it is all part of a bigger picture and frankly it's not my job to understand. This Easter will hold a special place in my heart because I finally am starting to get it, to understand what was given up for me so that I may have eternal life and I think it was a pretty awesome gift.
Amen & Hallelujah.
ReplyDelete