I've been itching to see how oil pastels work with canvas so while I was shopping for pieces to make a necklace this week I saw canvas was a steal and grabbed a couple. Tonight I started masking out this love design I've manipulated a couple times and was pleased to see how the oil worked on the canvas. Although you have to use a lot of pastel and get it fairly warm to blend I think I like the overall effect. Not sure if I'll use this all year round or if I just crafted up a cute little piece of V-Day art but I dig for now. I will say I wish the L was a little taller but I did a freehand mask so live and learn. This pict really does the colors no justice, it's really mostly a cherry red and light pink tone with some magenta...
Thursday, March 18
Testing 1 ... 2
I've been itching to see how oil pastels work with canvas so while I was shopping for pieces to make a necklace this week I saw canvas was a steal and grabbed a couple. Tonight I started masking out this love design I've manipulated a couple times and was pleased to see how the oil worked on the canvas. Although you have to use a lot of pastel and get it fairly warm to blend I think I like the overall effect. Not sure if I'll use this all year round or if I just crafted up a cute little piece of V-Day art but I dig for now. I will say I wish the L was a little taller but I did a freehand mask so live and learn. This pict really does the colors no justice, it's really mostly a cherry red and light pink tone with some magenta...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment