Monday, March 8

Red Carpet Remix

Last night for the Oscars a few of us decided it would be fun to dress up and celebrate, so we did just that and it was a good time for sure. From fabulous bruschetta, bacon wrapped asparagus & mini cheesecakes to the red carpet and photo ops, to poppin' a few bottles of the bubbly it was a night worth an award to two if I do say so myself! Nic and I made up some swag bags as party favors and included some old school friendship bracelets (next year Harry Winston, I promise), gum, chap stick, candies & an Oscar mixtape featuring music from the nominated films. Here's the playlist ...

Bust a Move - Young MC - featured in The Blindside & Up In The Air
Smoke Without Fire - Duffy - featured in An Education
Perhaps Vampries is a Bit Strong But ... - Arctic Monkeys - featured in Sherlock Holmes
Chances - Five for Fighting - featured in The Blindside
I Can See Color - Mary J. Blige - featured in Precious
Be Italian - Fergie - featured in Nine
Come Into My House - Queen Latifah - featured in Precious
Fallin' & Flyin' - Jeff Bridges & Collin Farrell - featured in Crazy Heart
This Land Is Your Land - Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - featured in Up In The Air
Tell the Truth - Ray Charles - featured in An Education
The Weary Kind - Ryan Bingham - featured in Crazy Heart

It's really pretty good for slapping something together, let me know if you want a copy and it's all yours! Pictures to come as soon as the boys get them all posted, there will be lots of laughs I'm sure. My personal fave is probably The Weary Kind. I really liked the movie and this song was a great finish to the film, way to go Jeff Bridges!

No comments:

Post a Comment