Monday, February 8

Quick Trip

What a weekend. Friday was spent celebrating S's 26th B-Day at Appare here in Des Moines and I knew the night was going to be a good one when one of her friends asked LW and I if we were married. Nope. We sure aren't, not even dating in fact, not even close to dating! Apparently standing next to a member of the opposite sex may suggest you are in a relationship? Weird. But we all had a good night filled with sake bombs, sushi, drums and gongs, S catching an egg on a spatula and an edemame mix up that still makes me laugh. Overall, a great night celebrating a great friend of mine!

Saturday I had planned to leave early and spend the weekend with a college friend I hadn't seen in 2 years but I ended up leaving later in the day and getting to the Twin Cities around 4. I spent the evening with B cooking up some stir-fry and eating roughly 10 pot-stickers, two bottles of wine later we decided driving anywhere was a bad idea and opted for bed instead. Clearly we are old!

Sunday came and so did some seriously crappy weather and a couple serious headaches (oopsie too much wine). B and I decided to hit the shopping scene and watch the weather. Since I lived in MN thing have changed and some awesome new sports equipment stores and boutiques have opened. We hit up REI and Dick's and I managed to walk out with a few things. She introduced me to a cute new boutique at the mall called Hot Momma and we found ourselves in one of my favorite stores Francesca's Collections where I felt the spirit of summer engulf me and I grabbed a new dress. Phew. Hard days work! We grabbed some stuff for burgers and by 5:30 I decided to hit the road back to Iowa. Yup, nice 25.5 hour trip up north.

The drive back was pretty stressful. The cities were the worst, I got rubbed off 35W somehow and found myself on a random highway headed East through the southern part of Minneapolis, thankfully I recognized my surroundings and happened to be on a highway that I used to take home when I lived with my aunt and uncle so it was only a minor detour. There was snow, there was wind and there were plenty of bad drivers (not myself). When I got to the Jewell exit just north of Ames I saw a car in the median. There was a car on the entrance ramp that appeared to be parking, yes PARKING on an entrance ramp without their hazards on, and I guessed that they were going to help the person in the median. Well that's great and all but let's not cross the interstate in the dark in the snow and not have our hazards on! UGH. Anyway the drive took me a little over 5 hours and I was ready for my bed when I hit it.

It was a short but great weekend and the best part was getting to see one of my very best friends and catch up on our lives. You know someone is worth keeping when you can go two years without weeing them and pick up right where you left off.

[new gym bag, the only thing I bought that I can find a picture of :)]

1 comment:

  1. i like those cords on the bag.

    and i've always wanted to go to REI!

    ReplyDelete