Tuesday, February 16

Feel The Love

One of my goals in 2010 is to volunteer more often and although I have not yet found the perfect outlet for that I have definitely upped my charitable giving. It was too easy to text in $10 to the Red Cross and Haiti, and I have yet to say no when I am asked to donate a dollar to support something like MDA or JDRF and I signed up for my companies private campaign to raise funds for other employees in need, it really does feel pretty good and even though a dollar doesn't seem like much if everyone gave a dollar when asked just think of what we could accomplish! This week my donation was small 10 cents to be exact but it was a fun and easy way to donate to Project(RED). If you get a free minute head to Starbucks Love Project and sketch out a love drawing, for every drawing submitted Starbucks will donate 5 cents to Project(RED for up to a million drawings. The gallery is really cool to look through too. Here are my 2 drawings and I spotted JW's today too!
Then I got an email from my mom and my cousin's son (we aren't really related since it's from her previous marriage BUT this makes me want to claim him!) is living in a tent in Washington DC to raise money for temporary housing in Haiti. WOW. Now that is devotion. Take a second to read his blog it's really pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment