Tuesday, February 9

The Buck Stops Here


Today I did a very stupid thing. I sorted my bank account using the phrase "Starbucks" to see how much I have spent there in the last year. I usually only average about 2 drinks a week so I thought things wouldn't be so bad but the number was astounding ... $405.76! Well I can tell you what I am quitting today, so long sweet caffeinated elixir it was nice knowing you.

3 comments:

  1. Look at you gettin' your budget on! Kudos! Can you imagine if we added up what we spend in clothing/shoes in a year's time?! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUITTING!!!
    woah, that is a courageous move.
    best of luck with the cold turkey.

    re: budgets, i used to do a great job of categorizing all my expenses and loved looking and analyzing the year-end graphs...the problem was i never changed my behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the same thing with fountain pop diet pepsi. Oh, how I love fountain pop. Or pop for that matter. I could probably buy a nice car for what I've spent on fountain pop in the past years. Oh well. Guess I have to find another - cheaper - vice.

    ReplyDelete