Thursday, January 21

Awards Season

It's that time of year when we Americans watch our televisions to see celebs who make faaaar to much money be rewarded for reading aloud .... er uh I mean acting. It only seems appropriate that I hand out a few awards myself. Let me introduce you to ... drum roll please ... The First Annual ... Leslie Thinks You're An Über Hottie ... awards. These go to those outstanding young gentleman that make you say MMMMMMmmmmm.

The Age Is Only A Number & You're A Silver Fox In My Book Award
This prestigious honor goes to none other than George Clooney. I'd move to Vegas and become a cocktail waitress in hopes to pick up a guy like this. I loved you in ER but you are like a fine wine Mr. Clooney, you only get better with age. I watched your poor heart break in Up In The Air, I think I can fix it.

The I'm A Total Dirt-Bag Douche & That's What Attracts Women To Me Award
I proudly hand this to you Justin Bobby. There's something about this total POS dirt-bag-bad-boy that I just love. I'm not sure if it's his motorcycle or general unkemptness but you two-first-names boy held me to The Hills. Thank you for continually representing all hot male assholes, I'm sure I'd date you if I could.

The I'm Weird, Quiet & Probably A Whole Lot Smarter Than You Award
I give it to you really really ridiculously good looking Johnny Depp. What can I say I love a dirty boy and J. Depp is one of them. I've loved you since Edward Scissorhands and although you are extremely bizarre I would like to visit your island. Call me?!

The Even Though I Have Seen You Eat Fecal Matter & Dead Animal Carcass You Are Still Hot Award
Mr. Bear Grylls. Man Vs. Wild star Bear Grylls has had a special place in my heart for many years. There's something incredibly attractive about his ability to survive in any condition. I'd like to see how he'd fare on the day after Thanksgiving at JCTC.

The You Make Grocery Shopping A Pleasurable Experience Award
Local Mills Civic Hottie "Carlos" steals this award from close second "Cute Low-Rise Pants Boy". From is faux-hawk, to his tie tucked into his shirt to that gorgeous olive skin, this cub in the wild makes me feel like a true cougar every time I see him and blush. I'll ignore the dirty rumor that he is/was romantically linked to local celeb Shawn Johnson and hope that one day we run into each other in the frozen foods aisle.

The Token Hot Athlete/ Sure I'll Watch Soccer If You're Playing Award
Enter former Arsenal player Freddie Ljungberg. Do I really need to say much here? I think this photo speaks for itself ... where does the tiger's tail end?

The I Can Play The Piano And Woo You With My Melodious Voice & Survived Cancer, Not To Mention I Have A Matching Tattoo Award
...goes to Andy McMahon. That voice, those key strokes, he's a genius and a survivor. I love you Andy McMahon and all I can say is ... "I'm Ready-y-y!"

The I Give Shoes To Kids That Don't Have Them What Do You Do? Award
Blake Mycoskie, Cheif Shoegiver for TOMS shoes nabs this one. He lives on a boat when he's not giving to the needy, he's got a sexy mop on his head and has done more good in the last two years than I probably ever will. Paris Hilton got it right when she said, "That's Hot".

The Nice Guys Really Do Exist, Why Don't I Have A Jim Halpert? Award
I think we all can agree that John Krasinski/Jim Halpert is a true hottie. He's the boy next door that remembers what you wore on you're first date kind of guy that you want to love you. Every episode of The Office I watch makes me love him more.

The Hottest Guy In Television & Quite Possibly The World Award
My personal #1 Dave Annable. He's a baby silver fox with a crooked grin that melts my heart. He's got beautiful hair and the perfect facial hair. For Dave I will break my minimum height requirement. Thank you for appearing on my TV screen every Sunday, now if you could just manage to get yourself back to DSM.
We would look sooooo good together!

And there you have it, what a year it was, I think I may have a thing for the "tall, dark and handsome"? Let me tell you one thing, I'll have sweet dreams tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! My opinions on the award winners:

    1. George Clooney is one of my favs. Very funny man in real life, great actor, and definitely a hott silver fox. I'm hoping he'll quit dating waitresses and hop on over to the ladies in the insurance industry who live in the Des Moines metro.
    2. Ew. Justin Bobby?!? Really L? J-Bobby deserves this award about as much as Herpes I needs more plastic surgery.
    3. It's that mysterious quality about Johnny Depp that sparks my interest with him...a mystery I'd definitely like to solve.
    4. Carlos is one of those guys that definitely turns me into an embarrassing hot mess - red hot face, sweaty hands, can barely even manage to make eye contact because he's so hot - I don't care if he's ~20 - I'll claim cougar status for that any day.
    5. I have a huge thing for soccer players. Soccer players = amazing bodies. Me gusta.
    6. He had me at "I kiss your neck, I feel you breathing on my shoulder"
    7. Great pick! Love his shoes. Love his business. Love him.
    8. I pray everyday that I'll find a Jim Halpert. I've been brewing a post fully dedicated to this man and all the reasons why I love him.
    9. The main reason why I watch Brothers & Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. Excellent blog, especially the award titles.
    2. Nice job on the photoshop.
    III. Cannot believe I didn't receive an award.
    -Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Great post. I mean, not the best eye candy for ME, but hey. It's your blog.

    Guys reading this are frantically taking notes. "okay, don't shave (much). get some gray hair. learn to play an instrument or a sport really well. then either be a HUGE dick or a super nice guy."

    ReplyDelete