Tuesday, December 15

Ringing It In

Well now that I have found that I not only get New Year's Day off but also New Year's Eve I feel that there will be some serious celebrating in order. I try not to get too excited for NYE because it is usually a terrible event but I am determined to make this one better than year's past, here's a recap of a few NYE events. Some were fab, others clearly were not.

2008 Blue Moon in WDM
Fun and random night highlighted by a verbal disagreement in the bathroom with a girl who had the same dress as I on and an awkward midnight moment with LW, not to be forgotten.

2007 Tradewinds in Ames
Rang in the new year at the most random and crappy bar in Ames. I had to work both NYE and New Years Day, everyone was drunk EXCEPT me. Awesome.

2006 Apartment Party at S&J's in WDM
One of the better events I've been to on NYE. Great night with good friends. Dance party and tri-pod photos that still make me laugh. Only thing was good 'ol Frank decided to take creepy pictures and steal all of our booze.

2005 Basement in Minneapolis
No that's not the name of some sweet club. My D-Bag boyfriend at the time was in Iraq and decided to fight with me all night instead of Bin Laden. I sat in my friends basement in the Twin Cities watching Dick Clark wearing sweatpants. Man, I'm cool.

2004 ISU Basketball Game ... With My Parents
Still in traumatic post-break slump up with my 1st boyfriend my parents lovingly offer to take me to a basketball game with their friends. So I actually went. Can we say pathetic? I was in bed before 11.

So you see a pattern here? That's what I thought. This year I'm thinking a trip to KC, Minneapolis or Chi-Town might be fun, if I could talk some friends into going. Leaning to Minneapolis, maybe get some skiing done NYE too? Anyone? Anyone?

I also compulsively bought another dress today on ModCloth because I think I like it better and I'll get more post-party wear from it.

1 comment: