Saturday, November 14

Remember A Year In The Life Of Friends

Thank God for good friends. These past few weeks have been trying and a true test of my patience and I am so thankful for my friends here in DSM, last night was a great reminder of how important friendship is. Awhile back N, JW, LW and I decided to get tickets to RENT, N and I had just seen Wicked and we wanted more so we bucked up, got some more tickets and last night we all hit the town along with Erin and saw yet another fabulous musical.

N and I both thought it was the perfect opportunity to get dressed up, so we did just that and we met up with the boys (equally good looking for the evening) at Grand Piano Bistro. What a shit-show that place was. Then it was off to meet up with Erin at the Civic Center followed by drinks at the Lift.

Highlights:
• The four of us sitting at a table for six then getting rudely shuffled around to sit at a table that comfortably sits two, it was intimate
• Having Ben Folds as our terrible and awkward waiter
• Having our condiments placed on a chair because there was no room on the table for them
• Long and awkward conversation between JW and the waiter in regards to JW's soup, followed by my succinct commentary on my sandwich
• Dropped silverware
• Making an obnoxiously loud and long noise with the condiment chair
• Awkward payment for dinner
• My inability to walk in the shoes that I wore, granted I didn't plan to walk from East Village to the Civic Center, to The Lift and then back to the East Village
• Looking like a streetwalker because my cardigan made me very warm so I decided to take it off
• Coming to terms with the fact that Angel moves much better in heels than I do
• The amazing performance of RENT, I'd go again in a heartbeat. Perfect show to see with friends
• LW telling me to lick my fingers, and me going into turtle mode, then LW licking his own fingers to clean makeup off my face
• LW and me spontaneously whistling the exact same spot of Seasons Of Love at the exact same time and being completely freaked out by it
• Witnessing a guy propose to his girlfriend outside of the Civic Center after the show
• Walking to The Lift and having all my "friends" leave me in the dust in a crosswalk as oncoming traffic barreled toward me, I think that happened more than once
• Completely missing 4th St. because we were to busy talking and realizing we were no where near The Lift
• Key Lime martinis!
• Good conversation and much laughter with great friends over drinks
• Telling the lady that sells roses at the end of the night that it was LW and my 2nd anniversary in order to make him feel awkward and buy me and N roses. LW making it equally awkward on his part and the lady selling roses becoming increasingly uncomfortable and walking away
• Walking back to East Village and breaking out into The Sound Of Music
• Wondering if my future husband was at the Y
• Long chats with my roomie that make me realize how lucky I am to have her as a friend

Overall a great night that I wouldn't have wanted to spend with anyone else, thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment