Thursday, November 12

Dance It Out

Today was another great morning with my kiddos, thank God for them because they are definitely what keeps me going to class on Wednesday nights. I already know what I love about kids, especially the little boys, and it's their complete abandonment of the real world. They are so innocent and have no cares, this is clearly exhibited by none other than dancing! I think I had probably 4 or 5 boys in 4th and 3rd grade today just come into the room dancing and I LOVED IT! Not only are they in a great mood but it puts all the other kiddos in a good mood too. The best part is how they are all giggling and don't care one ounce about what anyone thinks about them. I just can't deny how adorable a little boy trying to do the robot is, it's really funny when they catch me watching them and flash be a big 'ol goofy smile and run away.

I wish that I could have held onto some of that, I hate that as we get older we become so straight laced. I hate that I had to take out my nose ring to work at the mall of all places and that I can't have a lip ring. I think it's absurd that I am supposed to cover my tattoo up with a band-aid, frankly more people ask what the band-aid is for as compared to the people that ask about the tat. Sometimes I just want to dance it out at work or sing at the top of my lungs in the grocery store, without someone thinking I'm a nut case you know? But I don't. I conform and walk a semi-straight line, and it sucks. So I guess that's one reason I want to be a teacher, so I can have fun like my kiddos do. I hope my kids will continue to remind me that it's ok to be goofy and it's ok to not care about how silly you look. And I certainly hope they keep dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment