Sunday, October 18

Speed Racer(s)

Well today was the day. The much anticipated DSM Marathon, 1/2 Marathon & PFG 5k started at 8:00 and 8:30 this morning and it was a beautiful albeit chilly day for a run. N & I had a pretty good mile 1 and mile 2 pace but I definitely slowed on the MLK stretch of the course. We finished around the 00:28:00 mark so I was satisfied but not thrilled with that but I finished and had a great time in the process. Special thanks to N for sticking it out with me, her pace is at least two minutes faster than what we ran but she wanted us to finish together, now that's a good friend :)

Ash rocked her 1/2 marathon out somewhere around the 2 hour mark and Erin, N, LW and I were all there cheering her along. It was awesome watching one of my best friends, that I began running with around 10 years ago, get though the 1/2, way to go Ash!!!

Now there are only 8 months to get ready for DAM to DAM, which I stupidly, loosely agreed to running last night. Here are some picts from the morning, thanks ladies for all the encouragement and the great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment