Well if you haven't heard the news it was a glorious Friday at 187 as I awoke and found a dead body in the house. Yes, the mouse is dead! I awoke early and let N sleep as I cautiously approached the pantry to find 2 empty traps. Deep breath. I continued to the basement broom and dustpan in hand and took a peek around the corner, there he lay, the mouse. It took me 10 full minutes of looking at the little guy before I found enough courage to scoop him up and take him to the trash. It was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever handled in my life. It was a long battle but in the end the ladies of 187 (well pretty much LW and his nonstop mouse monitoring) won. I was glad to wake N and share the good news and even happier that she didn't have to experience the disposal.
How did we celebrate? Well by cleaning the kitchen of course! After one solid week of eating out we were ready to get our pantry back in order so we spent our entire Sunday cleaning out each cabinet and washing every dish we own. Needless to say our kitchen is immaculate and each of us feel better about the situation. After the kitchen was deemed safe to eat in we hit the grocery store and loaded up, and I mean loaded up, we really shouldn't have gone to the store as hungry as we were! (SIDE NOTE: I am really glad we did go to the store though because there was some SERIOUS man candy there, amen! After we found out that Carlos our mega-hot grocery boy is or was in a relationship with no other than Shawn Johnson we needed a morale boost! Ok, back to the story...) When we got home we made a chicken cordon bleu casserole for J&S as they have been sick with H1N1 and froze one for ourselves, I made us a new pork tenderloin recipe and N whipped up a pasta casserole for us to have for the week. PHEW, exhausting! We topped it all off with some double stuff Oreos and what could have been the best episode of Brothers and Sisters yet. Now that's a productive Sunday and day off. Back to the grind we go. Well done N!
I'm glad the Mouse-capade is finally over. And I'd be okay to never hear the words "man candy" ever again.
ReplyDelete