Tuesday, September 8

Say It Ain't So

I love Weezer. Have for a long time. They were the 2nd concert I went to, shortly after Maladroit launched. I do not love "new" Weezer. What's up Rivers Cuomo? What is this stuff? I think it's bunk. Blah. Ew. Terrible. I gave you a chance with that Beverly Hills crap you put out in '05, and remained faithful, but this new tune is no good. Can't we please go back to the days of Hash Pipe, O Girlfriend, El Scorcho and Only In Dreams? Please!?

These lyrics could have been written by an 8th grader....
"...I took you to Best Buy, you took me home to meet your Mom and Dad
Your Mom cooked meatloaf even though I don't eat meat
I dug you so much, I took some for the team
Your dad was silent, his eyes were fixed on what was on TV"

I mean really this little ditty should be the theme track to some teeny-bop movie with group dance sequence, HSM: 4 grab this while you can.

Here's the tune I'm talking about - (If You Are Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To


The full album is due out 10/27, I really will have to think about it long and hard before purchasing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment