While I was home I also decided to take a picture of my Grandma Mary's hands in mine. I thought it would be really cool to have since I got the tattoo and all. It turned out really well, just what I wanted. I wish that she would have pushed her sleeve up on her arm a little bit, but oh well what do you expect we aren't professionals here! Basically I just had my mom snap a
pict over top a table and then took the
pict into
photoshop to change it up.
Here is the original

Once I got it into
photoshop I did some cropping, switched it to black & white, then went to town with the photo's levels and the burn and dodge tools, this made my
tattoo stand out a bit more and changed the
faux wood table to black.
So with a few clicks this is what I got

Sweet huh?! I am going to order each of us a copy and give it to her for her 90
th birthday over Christmas. I know she will just love it. In fact this weekend we were chatting with one of my cousins and she leaned over to me and said, "you know what... I've thought about that tattoo everyday since you've shown it to me". Me too Gram, me too :)
Love it! She's going to love her 90th birthday present!
ReplyDeletegreat photo...
ReplyDeleteand i appreciate the psd tips. :)