Wednesday, September 2

P2K

I check Pitchfork almost daily for new music, unfortunately lately they haven't really tickled my fancy so I decided to dive into their P2K list. This list is Pitchfork's top 500 songs of the decade thus far, and can I just say it is insane?! Kudos to the ecclectic mix, and there are TONS of songs I've never heard too, so that will be worth investigating. Here are some of my fave picks and where they fell.

495. Island in The Sun // Weezer
468. What Ever Happened? // The Strokes
441. For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fathers in Ypsilanti // Sufjan Stevens
433. We Takin' Over // DJ Khaled
422. Lights Out // Santigold
379. Strict Machine // Goldfrapp
365. What You Waiting For // Gwen Stefani
351. Throw Some D's // Rich Boy
333. A Movie Script Ending // Death Cab for Cutie
303. Shake Ya Ass // Mystikal
263. Yellow // Coldplay
232. Jumpin' Jumpin' // Destiny's Child
228. 1901 //Phoenix
215. Bucky Done Gun // M.I.A.
213. Y Control // Yeah Yeah Yeahs
207. The Whole World // Outkast
205. Smile // Lily Allen
180. Hollaback Girl // Gwen Stefani
175. Yeah // Usher [ft. Lil Jon and Ludacris]
171. Get By (Remix) // Talib Kweli [ft. Mos Def, Jay-Z, Kanye West, and Busta Rhymes]
169. Southern Hospitality // Ludacris
165. The Middle // Jimmy Eat World
163. Smash Your Head // Girl Talk
160. In Da Club // 50 Cent
157. Touch the Sky // Kanye West [ft. Lupe Fiasco]
155. Clocks // Coldplay
151. L.E.S. Artistes // Santigold
150. Move Your Feet // Junior Senior
143. 1234 // Feist
142. Do You Realize?? // The Flaming Lips
141. Toxic // Britney Spears
139. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger // Daft Punk
129. Party Hard // Andrew W.K.
127. Oh // Ciara [ft. Ludacris]
123. Jesus Walks // Kanye West
116. Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground // The White Stripes
113. Milkshake // Kelis
103. Mushaboom // Feist
99. Time to Pretend // MGMT
93. Hate It or Love It // The Game [ft. 50 Cent]
89. Such Great Heights // The Postal Service
84. Young Folks // Peter Bjorn and John [ft. Victoria Bergsman]
79. Izzo (H.O.V.A.) // Jay-Z
76. Ready for the Floor // Hot Chip
72. Mr. Brightside // The Killers
65. Cry Me a River // Justin Timberlake
62. New Slang // The Shins
58. Fell in Love With a Girl // The White Stripes
57. Wolf Like Me // TV on the Radio
55. Ms. Jackson // Outkast
54. Work It // Missy Elliott
52. Flashing Lights // Kanye West [ft. Dwele]
39. Float On // Modest Mouse
38. What You Know // T.I. - In my humble opinion this definitely should have been #1
31. Big Pimpin' // Jay-Z [ft. UGK]
30. Seven Nation Army // The White Stripes
26. My Love // Justin Timberlake [ft. T.I.]
14. 99 Problems // Jay-Z
7. Get Ur Freak On // Missy Elliott
6. Maps // Yeah Yeah Yeahs
5. One More Time // Daft Punk
3. Paper Planes (Diplo Remix) // M.I.A. [ft. Bun B and Rich Boy]
1. B.O.B. // Outkast

1 comment:

  1. Great list! There are a few I haven't heard so you'll have to educate me later.

    ReplyDelete