So just like I said I would, I listened to Blueprint 3 front to back this morning. I didn't want to believe the reviews but alas this is indeed a ☆☆☆ production at best.
Blueprint 3 is overly commercialized and has a few downright annoying tracks, for instance #7 - On To The Next One [Feat. Swizz Beatz]. This tune literally pummels your ears with "On to tha, on, on to tha" for 4:14, I shut it off before I hit the 1:00 mark.
Then there is #8 - Off That [Feat. Drake] I can't help but hear the beginning of The Lonely Island's J In My Pants at the 1:10 when Drake kicks in. I really started laughing out loud, I'm probably crazy, but give it a listen and picture the video for J In My Pants, then Drake starts repeating "Off That", man too funny. For a tune that really is a cut off another song, hit up #15 - Young Forever [Feat. Mr. Hudson]
I also was surprised at the amount of Auto-Tune used on the disc considering the first track released was D.O.A [Death Of Auto-Tune].
Jay also mentions the title of the disc in almost every song, lets get some new lyrics sir.
Case in point:
#1 What We Talkin' About [Feat. Luke Steele]
"Blueprint // Yeah yeah"
#6 Real As It Gets [Feat. Young Jeezy]
"Yeah its that, its that Blueprint 3 s*** right here // Its that TM 103 s*** right right here // You ready, you ready HOV // Lets go"
#7 On To The Next One [Feat. Swizz Beatz]
"N***** make the same s***, me I make the blueprint"
#8 Off That [Feat. Drake]
"This the Blueprint n**** follow this // This is what what tomorrow is // Welcome to tomorrow, bitch"
#14 So Ambitious [Feat. Pharrell]
"Yeah // Blueprint shit // 3 in the morning on the Westside highway, top down baby // It's the Blueprint, baby"
I think you've gotten the point without further elaboration. Don't get me wrong there are some fab tracks.
Here are your best bets:
#2 Thank You
#4 Run This Town [Feat. Kanye West & Rihanna]
#5 Empire State of Mind [Feat. Alicia Keys]
#6 Real As It Gets [Feat. Young Jeezy]
#11 Already Home [Feat. Kid Cudi] *inital personal fave from the album*
Long story short I'm glad I didn't pay money for the album however, an album I am probably going to drop some cash on is Imogen Heap's Ellipse. Now that is a girl who can make some serious music. This alone got me excited. HELLO key-tar!
Here is First Train Home off that album. Yes the video is terrible but just open another window and listen, your ears will thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment