Wednesday, August 5

Worth A Listen 8/5

I hadn't dug around my usual music sites in awhile so I decided to catch up this morning. While digging through Pitchfork's Best New Tracks page I saw Yo La Tengo, and gave 'em a listen. I feel like I always see this band's name around and have never given them a proper listen and I am mad at myself for skipping over them now, they are downright fabulous, I only have 12 albums of theirs to work through now. Pitchfork gave their track Here To Fall from their new album Popular Songs an 8, to which I will agree, a solid 8. Pitchfork also quotes the awesome opening line from the song, something all of us can relate to, "There will be some happy endings/ There'll be dreams that don't come true/ But in the times ahead there's love and hate and hope and dread." Also love this line "I know you're worried/ I'm worried too/But if you're ready/ I'm here to fall with you." Definitely give them a listen!


I also feel as if I should post my favorite song. I know it's really hard to peg down your #1 favorite, but I can do it. Bullet and A Target by Citizen Cope has held the #1 position for about 5 years now. I love, love, love this guy! I think my dream concert would be Citizen Cope and John Butler, man that would be fabulous. Head here and nab a free download from his forthcoming 'The Rainwater LP'. Anyway, here it is, love it as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. a friend gave me two cd's of citizen cope last night. looking fwd to checking it out.

    ReplyDelete