In my days of retail I have experienced a crazy thing or two, accompanied by the casual insult here and there. The incident that took place today currently holds ranking #2 on my Top 5 Crazy-As-Shit Retail Moments. Read on, and be glad you never worked at VS or B Bro, or in retail period.
(Please note #3 & #1 took place over the same phone conversation, so traumatizing it takes up two places on the list)
5. Looking under the door of a fitting room containing a male and female and seeing that the male was not wearing shoes or pants, and that one of his legs was not on the ground ... subsequently I had to remove the merchandise from the room after they left
4. Being asked by a cross-dressing male customer to sign his VS catalog
3. Being told by a cross-dressing male customer that he is sitting at home wearing the outfit I "picked out for him" along with thigh highs and stilettos
2. Being asked by a seemingly normal everyday male customer "do you have a wife?" ... twice ... in the same conversation
1. Being told by a cross-dressing male customer at VS that I "move like a gazelle"
I need a new job. Yesterday.
Ick. #3 should be higher on the list. That's too close to wearing-your-skin-like-a-dress territory.
ReplyDeleteI don't get #5... what were they doing? Balancing on one foot?
Or the man who came into VS 758, pulled the string of his red thong out of his pants and asked if we had a bra to match!
ReplyDelete