What a great day. Although my day off got shifted to later in the week I cannot complain because today really was a great summer day. I slept in then D and I decided to head off to the beach for a couple of hours to catch some sun and relax. I am so glad Raccoon River Park is only a short drive away, it really is one of my new favorite places. There were TONS of kiddos out and about and D and I were able to chat and have a few laughs. After N got home we all decided to head out east and grab a couple afternoon drinks and dinner at B&B in Beaverdale. I had never been there, and let me tell you it is a charming little place. As we sat there in the sun on the roof of B&B I had one of those "wow, life is good" moments, so glad I was there with N & D.
After a couple hours, some drinks and dinner we headed south toward the Metro and hit up Away We Go at Fleur Cinema, it did not disappoint. What a great movie. I laughed, I cried & loved every second of the show. John Krasinski moved up yet another rung on my "ladder of great men" and since he was already at the top he has been moved to a whole new level of great. Yes, I know that he is not "real" but the characters he plays win my heart over starting with Jim and now to Burt, I just love him, especially when he does things like take a tumble while talking on his cell. The pace of the movie was slow, the music was perfect (I've already downloaded the Alexi Murdoch heavy soundtrack) and Maya Rudolph and John made the perfect couple, they certainly made me want a relationship like theirs. I won't ruin this for you if you haven't seen it but I definitely recommend and it will be in my cart when it comes to DVD.
It's days like this that make me forget about everything I have been stressing over, thanks ladies, I couldn't ask for better roomies!
No comments:
Post a Comment