Today I was lucky enough to be entrusted with S by my co-worker H. S and I went to Raccoon River Park and swam and built a sandcastle then hit the playground for the afternoon. I hadn't swung on a swing in probably 10 years or so and that was enough to make my day, but watching S play was the best part. She was all over the playground, although cautious when it came to some of the equipment. Even at 24 I still love to play, what a better way to release all the stress and worries that are sitting on your shoulders than to run around like a crazy person and just let go. It was wonderful, I forgot how good it felt. When the clouds started to roll in S and I came back to 187 where she promptly kicked my butt in about everything we played on the Wii, and trust me I was trying to win.
H and I often compare notes on how I was as a child and how S is. I'm sure none of you will be shocked to learn that I talked a ton, was bossy and over reacted to most everything for most of my adolescence, whereas S is quiet and thoughtful, incredibly intelligent and over all a pleasure to be around. I hope I get the opportunity to spend more time with S and her brother Si, I think kids can teach you a ton and I can't wait to see what I learn within the next few years and beyond.
Here are some snapshots I took for H of S at the playground ... oh to be a kid again
Wow-that doesn't even look like her-she looks so grown up...Thank you again-and I can't wait to get my hands on some of those pictures...And-you can be Aunt Leslie ANYTIME to Sophie and Simon!
ReplyDelete